Flippered Friends & Family
Program: Flippered Friends & Family
- All ages
- 30 Minutes
Flippered Friends & Family
Our Flippered Friends & Family program is designed for family fun! Within your group, pricing is $75 per person.
Join our VIP 30-minute interactive experience at Ocean Connections! Home to seals and sea lions, bring the whole family and go behind-the-scenes to learn about our fantastic flippered friends. Visit our off-exhibit areas and come poolside for a private training session with our seals or sea lions!
- Fun for the whole family; participants 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a participating (paying) adult over the age of 18
- Ticket required for all adults and children participating in the tour
- Zoo admission and parking sold separately
- This tour can be modified to accommodate service animals
- Please Note: Masks will be required for all interactive participants due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines. Masks are available for purchase at the Sea Lion Shoppe check-in.
A posed photo with your whole family and one of seals or sea lions is not included but can be added for an additional cost. Ocean Connections reserves the right to cancel or modify any program due to inclement weather and/or animal needs. If you or anyone in your party needs special assistance or if you need to arrange a visit for larger parties, please contact our office at (414) 453-5527 prior to reserving a program.
This program is available at our Milwaukee Location. For information regarding our Water Friends & Family Program offered at our Hershey location, click here.
- Please Note: Masks will be required for all interactive participants due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines
- Guests of all ages welcome however guests 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- A parent/guardian must sign a liability release and all participation forms before the start of the program
- Participants will be in close and direct contact with fish. Anyone with allergy concerns are welcome to contact our office at (414) 453-5527.
- Personal photography is prohibited during this program as participants hands must be free to interact with the animals. A posed photo with one of our animal ambassadors is available for an additional fee.
- Participants with special needs including mobility, seeing, or hearing impairments must contact Ocean Connections prior to reserving this program - (414) 453-5527.
- Participants must speak and understand English without the use of an interpreter.
- Interactive programming continues rain or shine, no refunds or exchanges due to inclement weather.
- Participants will be meeting the seals and sea lions from the safety of dry docks and poolside areas. Although feeding and playing with the animals are part of the program, participants will not be entering the water.
- For the safety of our animals, participants should remove jewelry, sunglasses, and loose articles from pockets prior to the start of the program. Prescription lenses worn for vision correction are acceptable.
- Wearing comfortable footwear is recommended for safety.
- Cameras and phones are not allowed during this program as participants hands must be free to interact with the animals.
- Participants are expected to follow all instructions given by the Educators and Animal Care Staff. Ocean Connections reserves the right to remove any disruptive individuals at any time during the program.
- Participants requiring assistance or with special needs must make arrangements prior to the program with our staff by calling (414) 453-5527. This includes the use of service animals. This is to ensure the safety of all program participants and our animals.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- All participants must report to the Sea Lion Shoppe (Located on the north end of Monkey Island) at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the program. Participants under the age of 16 must be checked in by an authorized parent or guardian. All programs start promptly. If you arrive late you may join the program already in progress.
- At the conclusion of the program, participants will be escorted to the Sea Lion Shoppe, located in front of the Ocean Connections show stadium. Participants under the age of 16 will not be allowed to walk to the front of the zoo. All participants between the ages of 13 and 15 without an accompanying adult, must be picked up by an authorized parent or guardian promptly at the conclusion of the program at the Sea Lion Shoppe.
- There is a late fee for pick up if you are more than 15 minutes late. You will be charged an additional $5.00 for every 15 minutes you are late for pick up.
Yes! This program is fun for the whole family but guests 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a paid adult.
Please contact Ocean Connections to discuss accommodations with our training staff. Our top priority when working with animals is ensuring the safety of both our guests and our seals and sea lions. We have the ability to tailor programs to accommodate a variety of special needs and would be happy to work with you! To make arrangements please call (414) 453-5527.
Ocean Connections is happy to make arrangements for larger groups! Please contact our office at (414) 453-5527 so accommodations can be made.
Check-in for this program will occur at the Sea Lion Shoppe which is located on the northeast side of the zoo near Monkey Island. Program check-in begins 15 minutes prior to the program start time. Please allow extra time to enter and navigate the zoo to reach our Sea Lion Shoppe at least 15 minutes before your program is scheduled to begin. This will allow ample time to check in all participants, ensure paperwork is complete and provide an orientation to participants and families.
We strongly encourage participants to visit the restroom prior to the start of their program.
Our Seal and Sea Lion Shows are offered daily throughout various times of the year (weather permitting). If shows are being offered at the time of your program, participants are welcome to purchase tickets for an additional fee and join us for this fun and educational opportunity.
Flippered Friends & Family is a poolside program. Participants will interact with our animals in dry areas where they may be splashed by the animals, but will not enter the pool.
All programs include animal interaction; however, the type of interaction is dependent upon the animal and trainer discretion.
Ocean Connections is almost an entirely outdoor facility. We suggest dressing comfortably for the weather. We are always respectful of the weather/temperature conditions and comfort of our participants. At times participants may get splashed by a little pool water as the animal enters and exits the environment.
Cameras/phones are not allowed during the program as participants hands must be free to interact with the animals.
While a posed photo is not included in this program, it can be added for an additional fee.
All interactive programs run rain or shine. Participants should come dressed for all weather conditions. (i.e., rain poncho, closed-toed shoes, boots, hat, gloves, etc.) Umbrellas will not be allowed in animal areas or utilized during interaction times.
In the event of severe weather, accommodations may be made to postpone or reschedule your program. Ocean Connections will make these determinations and contact you with as much notice as possible.
COVID -19: Due to Covid-19 all program rescheduling/ cancellations will be handled on a case by case basis. We will make every effort to reschedule your program or provide you credit for our upcoming season.
If you cancel: If you reschedule 14 days before the program is scheduled, we will try to reschedule your program for another available date within the season, or you may offer your program session to a friend of the same age. Please alert us of any participant changes. All changes will need to be verified by Ocean Connections staff.
If you need to reschedule with less than 14 days before your scheduled program, you may reschedule for a rescheduling fee of $25 per reservation.
Please access your Ocean Connections account to reschedule your programs. We do not issue refunds if you cancel.
If we cancel: Ocean Connections reserves the right to cancel programs based on weather restrictions or animal needs. We will attempt to reschedule a cancelled program. If we are unable to do so, or if we cannot accommodate you in another session, you will receive a refund.
Program start times are not flexible. Due to animal and show schedules and in respect of other program participants, all programs will begin promptly at their start time. If you arrive late, please check in at the Sea Lion Shoppe where we will ensure all paperwork is complete. We will then allow you to join the program already in progress.
It's important that you check your confirmation immediately. If you arrive on a day other than the date on your confirmation, we will not be able to accommodate you. Interactive programs have limited availability. If there is availability for a future program, you may register again and pay the program fee.
If you miss a program due to a medical issue, you must provide a doctor’s note confirming care within two weeks of your missed program in order to reschedule your program without penalty. All rescheduled programs are subject to program availability.
We do not issue refunds if you miss your program.
If you have any questions regarding the Ocean Connections interactive programs or your registration, please contact Ocean Connections at 414-453-5527 or contact us here.