Private Parties at Oceans of Fun
Ages: 5 years and older
Program Price: $200 (includes 12 participants and 2 required chaperones)
$12.50 per additional participant up to 25 participants total
$10 observer fee (2 or younger are free)
Program Size: 12 participants and 2 required chaperons
Maximum of 25 participants and 4 required chaperons
(additional fees apply)
Program Time: 2:00 – 3:30 pm
Availability: Sundays Year-Round
Are you looking for that one-of-a-kind birthday party experience? Maybe you are searching for a unique location for an exciting group experience. Oceans of Fun offers group programs perfect for scout troops, community groups, family outings, special occasions and birthday parties. All Private Parties can be tailored to fit age groups 5 years and older making them a truly unique experience.
Come behind the scenes at Oceans of Fun to learn about our seals and sea lions, their adaptations, and how to train our animals. Participants will have the chance to use hand and voice signals to communicate with our animals during a private training session. One participant may be selected as a special volunteer and has the opportunity to work personally with our animals. Following animal interaction, sit back, relax and enjoy our animals as they perform in a public or private marine mammal presentation.
Private Parties include:
- 12 participants and 2 required chaperons
- Educational portion focused on the seals and sea lions cared for at Oceans of Fun
- Private animal training session
- Animal interaction using hand and voice signals
- Special volunteer highlighted in a public or private presentation (weather dependent)
Private Party Fees and Guidelines
- Package for 12 participants and 2 adult chaperons--$200
- Each additional participant is $12.50 up to a total of 25 participants. Participants must be at least 5 years old to interact with our animals.
- Large parties (15 + participants) require 4 adult chaperons.
- Required adult chaperons are included in the price of the program.
- Chaperons may not have young children (2 or younger) under their care during the party. If infants and toddlers are attending, the guardian will be considered an observer and is subject to a $10 observer fee.
- Additional observers may be added to the program for a $10 per person observer fee. Children 2 or younger are free. As an observer, you may take still photography from designated areas, must follow all trainer rules and guidelines and may not videotape any portion of the program. Observers should remain seated in designated areas and should never disrupt the program through movement or noise level.
- Zoo admission and parking are NOT included in the cost of this program.
- We encourage you to enjoy the zoo the date of your party. Please plan accordingly so that you check-in at the Sea Lion Shoppe 20-30 minutes early ensuring your party starts promptly at 2:00pm.
- Due to weather and Milwaukee County Zoo schedules, some Private Parties will receive a public presentation while others will receive a private presentation.
- All Private Parties are held rain or shine. Please see our Weather Policy for details.
Party Planning Tips
- Collect parent signatures for all participants prior to zoo arrival on the date of your program.
Designate a meeting area for participants and families. We suggest the Milwaukee County Zoo Walk-In Gate located on Bluemound Road.
- Parents can drop their children off and pick up at this gate easily if they are not attending the party.
- Walk-in admission fees can be paid at the Walk-In Gate and will not be subject to parking fees.
- Parents attending the program can enter the zoo, park and meet at this same entrance within the parking lot.
- Coordinate with participants’ families who have zoo memberships to help reduce the cost of admission and zoo parking fees.
- Consider purchasing a Milwaukee County Zoo family membership. There are many membership levels that include multiple guests, parking and offer free admission to the zoo for an entire year.
- Contact Group Sales for information regarding group admission rates.
- Oceans of Fun does not offer an area for cake and presents. There are many public picnic areas located around the zoo that could be utilized for this purpose.
Due to the uniqueness of this program, phone reservations are required. For details or to book a party, please feel free to contact us at 414-453-5527 ext 1 or email@example.com.